The Church of St. Michael and All Angels in Maxstoke dates from around 1340, about the same date as the Castle. To the north of the church are the stepped base and stump of a churchyard cross. Victoria County History of Warwickshire Vol III, p141.
The cross is 6 metres south east of Church of St Michael and All Angels. It was restored in 1886