The parish of Quinton was transferred from Gloucestershire to Warwickshire in 1935. The area it encompassed is usually found on present day maps labelled as Upper Quinton and Lower Quinton, possibly to avoid confusion with another place named Quinton further north, in the West Midlands.
Something of a mystery about this stone at the present time. It is clearly shown on old maps, and is presumed to be a boundary stone of some kind. It would be good to get it lifted and moved a little, away from the carriageway.