Dunchurch, The Square, Market Cross and Milestone

The base and steps are medieval, forming the base of a former Market Cross. The upper parts in carved sandstone were added in 1813 as a milestone and inscribed with the distances to London and Holyhead, etc. It was restored in 1953. The base was damaged recently by an errant lorry but has been nicely restored by Warwickshire Highways.

Milestone Society ID: WA_OXLE43

Grid Reference: SP 48476 71233

Postcode: CV22 6NG

To find it: The east side of Dunchurch Green

Listed? Yes, click to go to Historic England site

To find it on the Map: North East Warwickshire