Barcheston Churchyard Cross

St. Martin’s Church, Barcheston “is one of the more interesting in this district…. The nave and chancel date from c. 1190-1200, but there was probably an earlier nave on the site…. In the churchyard is the base of a cross on two octagonal steps. The base, which has the socket for the shaft, was octagonal stopped out square, but one side of it has been recut to serve some other purpose” Victoria County History of Warwickshire, Vol V, pp. 6-10

Grid Reference: SP 26502 39919

What3Words:

Postcode: CV36 5AY

To find it: Approximately 15m south of the nave.

Listed? Yes, click here to go to the Historic England site

To find it on the Map: South West Warwickshire